We have to give credit where it’s due, so major shout out to Sarah Wulfeck (@skwulf) who cracked the code on how to display the new Facebook timeline.
1. Go to www.facebook.com/developer
If you’re not in the “apps” section, click the Apps button in the top menu.
2. Click “+ Create new app” in the top right.
The name and namespace are junk. I named mine “I want timeline” and the namespace as “givemetimeline” or something dumb. Nobody will ever see or use this app. It’s just to make yourself a developer of an app with the Open Graph features activated.
3. Prove you’re not a computer by defeating the Captcha.
4. On the left menu section, click “open graph,” and define a verb/noun set of an action people can take in your app. Again, it’s junk, so just put whatever.
5. I clicked “Save” at the bottom of the screen.
6. Reload your Facebook profile – you should see a banner that asks if you want to activate the new Timeline.