On November 9, millions of people around the world will watch as some of the sexiest women in the world parade down a runway to the sounds of Kanye West and Maroon 5. In next to nothing. Mark you calendars folks, the annual Victoria’s Secret fashion show is upon us.
The bras and panties are nice and the wings are whatever, but what we all really tune in to see are these chicks’ bodies. They are crazy–not normal.
And I’m not just saying that. Adriana Lima just disclosed her pre-fashion show workout/diet plan and it really is, well, unreal. If you want to look like an Angel, it only takes this.
– Work out with a trainer once a day 3 months before the show, then twice a day starting 2 months before the show. Adequate workouts include boxing, lifting weights and jumping rope.
– Hire a nutritionist to keep track of muscle mass, fat ratio and levels of water retention. He/she should also prescribe protein shakes, vitamins and supplements to keep you energized.
– Drink a gallon of water. Every day.
– In the 9 days preceding your big day, drink only protein shakes, eat no solid foods.
– In the 2 days before your debut, just drink normally. (Note: What constitutes “normal” is a little unclear.)
– 12 hours before you plan to show off your Angel body, stop drinking entirely.
Apparently the process of depriving your body of liquids is called “drying out” and according to Lima “sometimes you can lose up to eight pounds just from that.” Sounds awesome, right. No. Not. At. All.